Traditional Christmas Pudding

At the end of the list of ingredients for my recipe for Christmas pudding there are these two key ingredients:

One free day!
Each family member present!


This year, Son#3 wasn't able to be with us so if the pudding doesn't turn out, perhaps we can blame him! (I'm sure it will be okay). It would be easier to simply buy a ready-made pudding but it wouldn't be as much fun. And it wouldn't taste as good because no bought pudding - regardless of how wonderful it is - can duplicate the ingredients that went into our pudding. Ingredients that will last even longer than the pudding itself. Ingredients of love and laughter and traditions that will be sweet-tasting memories for years to come.

The memory that once again DH and I kept the tradition of 'arguing' over the recipe. The memory of the tradition that every family member was involved - even if it was just watching or tormenting the younger members of the family or (as with Son#3) receiving texts telling of the pudding making experience.

The memory of how The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 learnt to crack eggs and cracked twelve all by herself.


The memory of how The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 was given the peel to put in the pudding but chose to eat it ... and eat it ... and eat it instead.




The memory of how Son#2 said the pudding mixture looked like ... never mind what he said it looked like.


The memory of how The Most Adorable Granddaughters#1 and #2 had to be involved in every aspect of the pudding making.





Memories that will make these puddings the best ones ever!

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Great photos. Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Homemade things always taste better to me.
winterwren said…
Jules--

Those photos are sooooooooooo very, very, very cute. Most adorable grandchildren indeed--and very talented cooks!

I tried to make a Christmas pudding one year--it did not go well. Folks don't really make Christmas puddings in my part of the world. I decided I wanted to light it on fire, but was worried I might burn down the house, so I took it into the backyard and froze my fingers trying to get it to ignite. Which it never did.

I tried to leave a knitting comment on your other blog a while ago, but couldn't get it to work. Oh, well. I am not very good with computers (or puddings.)