Yet Another

Despite knitter's elbow, despite having to unravel and re-knit several sections of this scarf (this scarf should really be called "Twice Knitted Scarf"), I was thrilled to be able to give this scarf to DIL#3 a few weekends ago when they were down for The Most Adorable Granddaughter in The World#5's birthday party and Dedication.

The pain and tears (especially the tears when I had to unravel way past the row where I'd made the mistake in order to get the lace pattern picked up correctly) were worth it to see how pleased she was with it. And as you can see, she certainly looked gorgeous wearing it.


The lace edging is a beautiful old pattern from 1884 and can be found here. Please note that it is really only a ten row pattern not twenty (it's been repeated on the chart). It is very similar to Dunmore Lace which has two additional rows, and therefore two additional "holes"to each pattern.

Here are a few more pictures of the same scarf:






I've decided to write up and share each of the scarf patterns as I have knitted them (giving credit to the original sources of course) rather than just linking to the patterns (I'm afraid that my instructions earlier were not clear and that the pattern written out exactly as I worked it would be easier for those wanting to do something similar). I am using edging patterns that are freely available on the internet but if anyone sees a problem with this, please let me know. And if you would like a copy of the patterns before I manage to get them up, please just drop me a line and I'd be happy to email them to you.

Comments